Tuesday, November 24, 2015

When a kindergarten teacher hates kindergarten boys.

From the Horrible People Files, a typically-vicious social "justice" warrior inflicts her feminist grievances on five year old boys:

A kindergarten teacher in Bainbridge Island, Wash., actively denies her male students the opportunity to play with Lego blocks in order to encourage her female students to play with them.

Karen Keller bars the boys in her class from playing with the colorful blocks, even going so far as to lie to them about their opportunity to play.

"I always tell the boys, 'You're going to have a turn' — and I'm like, 'Yeah, when hell freezes over' in my head," Keller told the Bainbridge Island Review. "I tell them, 'You'll have a turn' because I don't want them to feel bad."
If this happened to little girls, the Title IX jihad would flatten the school building. But, it's just boys, so no big whoop. She's dedicated to all her charges--honest.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the gender imbalance at four year colleges continues to skew in favor of women, with men projected to be only 41.4% of college enrollees by 2020.

It's pretty simple, folks: lefties don't send their kids to be formed by conservative institutions. Why are you sending your kids to be formed in theirs? 


6 comments:

  1. Look at the vastly higher percentage of primary age boys referred for evaluation by young single female teachers who see active as pathological. I am a retired school psychologist who had to convince these teachers that the boys were normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Not a surprise I am sorry to say... Our public school experience in Cali was abysmal. My oldest son hadn't even finished two weeks in Kgarten when the first year teacher insisted that he was mildly aspergers or ADHD/ADD. Being the trusting fools we were (at the time) we assumed the teacher knew her stuff. We spent thousands of dollars on seperate evaluation by an expert clinician. Needless to say, the clinician reported that my son was normal. At that point, the teacher began recommending "medication". At the close of the school year, we moved him over to private school. We had both my boys in a private Christian albeit non Catholic thru high school. The Christian school they attended was more Catholic than the available Catholic schools.

    The prejudice against boys is astounding at it took this experience to teach me and my wife that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing new here. Nothing that can be done about it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flambeaux,
    More male teachers in the primary grades. My Brother in law was a 4th grade teacher in SoCal for 37 years. Can you imagine how many young boys profited from this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We homeschool. I really don't worry myself about what's going on in the schools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banning me from playing with legos as a five year old might have made me into a homicidal maniac.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...